Any time you change something in your settings, be sure to save changes by clicking the button at the bottom of the screen to ensure all changes are made permanent.
Your username on ArchiPal is used for your ArchiPal profile.
Your creator profile is where your products for sale appear. On your profile, you can also:
- Link to your Facebook or Twitter accounts
- Give yourself a “bio” and a profile photo
This is the email address you use to log in to ArchiPal. It also receives sales notifications as well as receipts from any ArchiPal products you buy.
Your support email is the email address that will be displayed on your customers’ receipts. If entered, your customers’ replies will go to this email instead of the one above.
Language and time zone
Choosing a language here only affects what you see in your creator dashboard. Gumroad will automatically change its forms to the default language of your customers’ browsers, so if you want your product descriptions, titles, or receipt text to be in a specific language, you will have to type in that language manually.
The time zone you select will affect your sales and following dashboards, and the release dates of any pre-order products you create.
The Sell in… drop down menu allows you to choose to the default currency for all of your products. This is purely aesthetic. Gumroad charges your audience in USD, at the equivalent exchange rate at time of purchase.
If you live in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, or Hong Kong, please take note that the American Dollar is the only currency on Gumroad designated with the $ symbol. All other dollar currencies have their full currency indication on products. Thus, if you want to sell a product in Australian dollars, pick A$.
Because we charge in USD, some customers may incur international transaction fees, depending on the policies of their card providers. If this is the case, have them email email@example.com and we will reimburse them.
If you live in the United States and know that you need to remit sales tax in certain states, then choose those states here.
If you live in Australia, you will see a box to set the appropriate tax rate, applying GST to all sales made to your Australian customers. Enter your tax ID. This will show up in your customers’ receipts.
Discover recommends your products to prospective customers that browse Gumroad at discover.gumroad.com.
Products purchased via Discover will be subject to an additional 10% fee over our usual fee. This applies even if the customer has purchased from you before. If they buy a product from you through the Gumroad Discover search, or through a receipt link, or via the Gumroad Library, or through any kind of referral aspect of the Discover feature, their purchase will be taxed the Discover fees.
Your payout page is where you add the information that allows you to get paid from the products you sell on Gumroad. If you live in the United States or Canada, you’ll need to fill out identity-verification information in order for us to pay you via direct deposit. If you live outside of the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada, you can only be paid out via PayPal.
If you live in a country where PayPal Connect is enabled, you can connect your PayPal account in the Payment tab. This allows customers to buy your products using PayPal.
When you connect your PayPal account directly to Gumroad:
- Customers are able to buy your products using PayPal.
- Every time a customer buys your product with PayPal, you receive their payment instantly
- Gumroad’s fee on these sales will be 1%, but you will be subject to PayPal’s fees, which vary country to country
- You will be able to handle disputes, refunds, and partial refunds directly with your customers
If you do not connect your PayPal account, you may notice a drop in conversions as, on average, PayPal purchases make up 40% of all sales on Gumroad.
If you ever need to change your password, you can do that here.
Your advanced settings allow you to:
1. Connect a custom domain.
2. Integrate Gumroad with your Google Analytics. Set up goals in your Analytics account to get insight into your buyer behavior and see how well your marketing efforts are performing.
3. Integrate Gumroad with other third party analytics tools.
4. Use Gumroad’s Ping service to help automate certain post-sale tasks.
5. Enable license keys that will help you with selling software.
6. Create an application to tap into Gumroad’s API.
7. Turn off cookies and third party trackers